Saturday 23 April 2011

A Letter To Myself at 18

Dear Me At 18,

Hey there young buck, how's it going? I hear you're settling in nicely at university. You're majoring in theatre now, I understand. Well, how about that? Not bad, not bad.  I must say, I admire you for having the cajones to pursue a future contributing to an artform that appeals mainly to stuffy, old, pretentious people and other artists who themselves mainly make theatre.  Though, if I might make one suggestion - take up computer programming as a hobby.  More specifically, maybe start getting interested in programming websites that let you do stuff that nobody has ever done before. Like... say.... giving people the ability to post pictures of themselves, and write little comments beneath those pictures, which will then prompt people that they know or "internet know" to post comments themselves about those pictures.  I'm sure all of this sounds silly, but trust me on this, DO IT and do it by at least 2004. Also, start betting all your money on crazy ideas and notions that you know could never possibly happen. Like say, a black man becoming President of the United States, people with normal jobs like motorcycle mechanics, and pawnbrokers getting their own tv shows, and everyone's happy memories of Star Wars and Indiana Jones being ruined by the man who created them. I guarantee betting against the Vegas odds here will payout handsomely.  Another thing I would recommend you do is cut down on your caloric intake by not eating so many deep fried foods and sweets.  Your waistline and your sex-life will be grateful.

Anyway, keep on truckin'!

Sincerely,
Future You

No comments:

Post a Comment